[thelist] cybersquatters! help!

Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
Wed Nov 28 10:30:00 CST 2001

Apparently a company in Australia is claiming that they now own our domain
name.  Turns out the person who was listed as the contact at our company
left and nobody knew that the domain was expiring / expired.  Somebody told
me that there is now a period after expiration in which you can get the
domain back.  Dunno anything about this so can somebody point me in the
right direction?  Also, is what they're doing legal?  Below is the whois
info for the site.  Notice that is still lists the expiration date as
01-Nov-2001.

TIA!

Registrant:
B/E Aerospace, Inc. (BEAEROSPACE-DOM)
   1455 Fairchild Rd.
   Winston-Salem, NC 27105
   US

   Domain Name: BEAEROSPACE.COM

   Administrative Contact:
      OZNIC.COM  (ADM598-ORG)  dom-admin at OZNIC.COM
      OZNIC.COM
      P.O. Box 761
      Sunbury,VIC 3429, AU
      +61 3 93482441
      Fax- +61 3 9348 1928
   Technical Contact:
      Tuzzeo, Vince  (VT654)  tuzzeov at SPDWIN.BEAV.COM
      B/E Aerospace, Inc.
      17481 Red Hill Avenue
      Irvine,, CA 92614
      336-744-6924 (FAX) 336-744-3173
   Billing Contact:
      OZNIC.COM  (ITA3-ORG)  accounts at OZNIC.COM
      OZNIC.COM
      PO BOX 761
      Sunbury, Victoria 3429
      AU
      +61 3 9348 2441
      Fax- +61 3 9348 1928

   Record last updated on 04-Jan-2001.
   Record expires on 01-Nov-2001.
   Record created on 01-Nov-1998.
   Database last updated on 27-Nov-2001 22:44:00 EST.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   DMTU.MT.NS.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET   12.127.16.70
   DBRU.BR.NS.ELS-GMS.ATT.NET   199.191.128.106