[thelist] In Javascript: how to get browser's dimensions?

Alliax damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 28 17:08:26 CST 2001

Hi,
I have been through O'Reilly docs on Javascript but couldn't find any reference
to browser size (neither on IE nor NN).
I know we can do window.resizeto() and specify width and height
I know we can get the screen resolution with screen.width and scree.height
But what about the browser current dimensions?

Is it impossible to get in javascript?
If so, do you have an explanation for this, since getting an application's
window size seems pretty basic, so why not updating the javascript environment
variables if the browser get resized by the user ?

Thank you