[thelist] migrating from a vserver

noah noah at tookish.net
Thu Nov 29 12:29:35 CST 2001

For a couple of years, I was a very happy Vservers customer. Then they were
bought by HostPro, and for a few months I was a satisfied HostPro customer.
Now they've been taken over by Interland, and, although I haven't had any
major problems yet, what I've read (here and elsewhere) has me a little scared.

In the interest of avoiding a potential disaster, can anyone recommend
another host that provides features and control that Vservers does at a
similar price? For US$55/month I get the ability to virtual host multiple
domains, mysql, php, access to the Unix filesystem, ability to manage
users, email, logs, etc. from SSH, and some more stuff I don't use.

Thanks,
Noah