[thelist] trimming db output (was: ASP question: Req...)

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Thu Nov 29 13:37:09 CST 2001

At 11:24 AM 11/29/2001, you wrote:
>On Nov 29, Anthony Baratta had something to say about Re[2]: [thelist] ASP...
>
> >When pulling data from a database with ASP, make sure you trim() all your
> >data as it comes out of the database.
> >
> >varFieldOne = Trim(objRS("FieldOne"))
>
>Be careful with this if your field can be NULL.

True, if you are interested in the value "NULL". This would destroy that.
But I don't usually care about NULL specifically. Blank, NULL, Spaces -
they are all the same to me. Kinda cavalier, I know. ;-)
---
Anthony Baratta
President
Keyboard Jockeys