[thelist] How to stop Ultradev creating _notes folders?

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Thu Nov 29 15:40:00 CST 2001

At 5:22 AM 11/29/1, "George Dillon  Evolt!" <evolt at georgedillon.com> wrote:
>I've R'dTFM, I've unchecked Maintain Notes Files in the define sites, I've
>hacked away at the configuration .js files, but NOTHING seems to prevent
>Ultradev from creating _notes folders for all my defined sites (containing a
>single file - dwSiteColumnsMe.xml) as it shuts down.

A "Design Note" is an XML file which holds meta-data about a corresponding
HTML/GIF file... approval status, work history, source image, etc. These
metafiles are stored within a "Design Notes" folder in the local copy of
your site.

You can set Dreamweaver to not upload such metafiles. You can also set it
to not create such metafiles in the first place. But that folder contains
other meta-information about the site, such as custom columns in the Site
Window. The folder will always be created.

I'm curious about what negative impact you're seeing from having a
near-empty folder in the local site...?

jd