[thelist] migrating from a vserver

Mark Groen mg at markgroen.com
Thu Nov 29 22:45:46 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "noah" <noah at tookish.net>
Subject: [thelist] migrating from a vserver

> In the interest of avoiding a potential disaster, can anyone recommend
> another host that provides features and control that Vservers does at
> similar price? For US$55/month I get the ability to virtual host
multiple
> domains, mysql, php, access to the Unix filesystem, ability to manage
> users, email, logs, etc. from SSH, and some more stuff I don't use.
>
> Thanks,
> Noah

I have been quite happy with http://www.experthost.com They were
recommended a few months back by someone on this or the other list. They
have a wide range of options and are cheaper than what you are getting
now. Their *nix guy is a whiz (John Pretti), and he helped me set up a
complicated CD Business card tracking script that was giving me fits.
Uptime on a number of sites that I have hosted with them has been 100%
and their support staff is happy to put up with some of the
reseller/newbie *doh* moments that I have from time to time.

Mark

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development
www.markgroen.com