[thelist] PHP mail() - message format

Bill Haenel bill at ncpr.org
Thu Nov 29 22:55:20 CST 2001

I'm using the PHP mail() function to send text submitted by form.

Mail messages are arriving formatted correctly (with line breaks) through
some accounts, and not formatted correctly (without line breaks) through
others. (Mail is text format)

I'm sure it's due to certain mail servers not handling \n or \r or
something, but I'm not sure what to replace with what or even if that's
correct. I've already tried this...

	$message = ereg_replace("(\n|\r)", "\r\n", $message);

...before sending it with mail(), but that made no difference.

I've also tried setting a header for Content-Type.

Thanks -

BH