[thelist] Win32 FTP Server?

Aaron Johnson ajohnson at mindseye.com
Fri Nov 30 09:25:50 CST 2001

> Yep - like I said - 'can handle virtual hosts'.
	== Hey John, functionally FTP can't handle virtual hosts like a webserver
can.  If you want to have 30 FTP sites, you're going to have to setup 30 FTP
servers (meaning 30 different IP's each hosting a site).. you definitely can
setup IIS to dump 30 different users into 30 different home directories, but
that means each user has to have a local NT account
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q138698 or
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q201771)...
otherwise checkout:

War FTP Daemon
http://www.jgaa.com/software/warftpd/
easy to setup and manage.. free(!)

WS_FTP Server 3.0
http://www.ipswitch.com/Products/WS_FTP-Server/index.html

and I'm sure there are others....

HTH

Aaron Johnson, MCSE, MCP+I
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion Developer
MINDSEYE, Inc.
<phn>617.350.0339
<mbl>617.461.3721
<fax>617.350.8884