[thelist] Emailing Newsletters - Server Load

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Fri Nov 30 11:20:21 CST 2001

I'm planning on sending bi-weekly newsletters to a 1000-5000 name opt-in
list for a client, and will be doing so via PHP/MySQL from their site, which
is hosted by a hosting company I resell space from.

My concern is server load. I haven't had occasion to do an operation like
this from a script via web server before, and I really have no idea what's
going to happen to the server when I attempt to send the NL. Anyone know
what kind of strain will be exerted on the server?

Thx,
BH