[thelist] Emailing Newsletters - Server Load

Allie Micka allie at pajunas.com
Fri Nov 30 12:30:14 CST 2001

> I do not have access to the server, its software, its config, etc. as the
> site is hosted by a third party. However, I like the idea of using something
> like ezmlm, to save me time later if nothing else. How might one do this if
> one had no server access?

Hmm.

Since ezmlm is tied closely to the mail server (in this case, qmail) it
is necessary to use a mail server with it installed.  You can try to
convince your host to support list services, use a third party for list
services only at something like lists.yoursite.com or you can transfer
your entire site to someone with these services.

Naturally, all of these options have their drawbacks.  List services on
another host can be icky if you want to use the same database for list
and other information, and transferring your site opens its own can of
worms.  <plug>If you _do_ want to transfer your services to a hosting
provider with list support, please consider us at pajunas.com!</plug>

There may be another alternative or some prebuilt script that does some
of the bounce handling for incoming email.   Anyone?  Anyone?

Thanks a lot and have a great day,

Allie Micka
pajunas interactive, inc.
reusable web components and hosting