[thelist] problem connecting to mySQL server

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Nov 30 16:30:39 CST 2001

>I'm having trouble using the mysql_connect() function. I keep getting the
>same error:

>   Warning: Access denied for user: 'casammar at leo' (Using password: YES) in
>/home/casammar/public_html/test.php on line 34

>I am using the following information to connect:
>   mysql_connect('members.evolt.org','casammar','PASSWORD');

>Can anyone help me?

Hah! I think I know the answer to this one. Try this:

mysql_connect('members.evolt.org','casammar', Password("PASSWORD"));

You can't simply select or insert your password straight, you need to
run it though the function passowrd().

That is providing you have the correct permissions.
--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com