[thelist] Flash degrading to .gif

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Dec 3 10:40:57 CST 2001

>in its place and it gracefully
>degrades... and let's say i'd really like to see it validate...
>
>where can i go to see that type of code in place?

Look in the HTML folder in your Flash application folder ... or just
choose one of the ad banner options in Publish settings and modify
the published html. The only problem with the resulting
html/JavaScript that causes display problems is for (or maybe one)
older browser may choke on the

document.write('</script>');

line ... change it to

document.write('</scr';
document.write('ipt>');

... add a few quotes around some tag attributes, and I believe it
will validate just fine ... minus the proprietary browser tags needed
to display Flash in the first place.

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272