[thelist] Turning Printies into Webbies.

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 4 15:44:09 CST 2001

> From: "Andrea Belk" <andrea at geonetric.com>
>
> I have a project coming up where I have to train a small group of
> print designers (ad agency level experience) on how to 'design for the
> web'. It's not so much their graphic skills that I'm concerned about,
> but the little design tricks that only a seasoned designer knows, that
> makes the job run smoother.
[...]

you read Zeldman's book?

"Taking Your Talent to the Web: Making the Transition from
Graphic Design to Web Design"
by Jeffrey Zeldman
New Riders Publishing; ISBN: 0735710732

it's good enough that i've recommended it to my agency clients...
it's not for creating a web developer, though, you need to do that
with real training, but the book lends credibility to a lot of what
you'll be saying...

> Any suggestions on the best way to approach this situation? I have 3
> 2-hour training sessions with them. (about 3-4 people).

day 1 : the web is not print, you have no control.
day 2 : the web is not print, forget how people read paper.
day 3 : the web is not print, dump your software.

make up the rest...