[thelist] .htaccess

Ben Henick persist1 at io.com
Wed Dec 5 10:12:13 CST 2001

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, kristina wrote:

> Can I be so cheeky as to request a copy of your PHP sniffer, and the
> SSI code.  I'm just starting to get to grips with PHP, and I'm very
> keen to learn more, by seeing other peoples code.

The way that I've done it goes something like this:

if (strstr($HTTP_USER_AGENT,$telltale)) { $supported = TRUE; }

where $telltale is probably an array element referenced via a loop.  Once
you've assigned a value to $supported, you can then take whatever approach
you feel is best.

Some working source can be found at:

http://www.io.com/persist1/home.phps

Looking at it for the first time in several days I see that it can be
optimized in several places, but in any case it answers your request.

--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid."