[thelist] CSS Question

MRC webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Dec 5 13:24:42 CST 2001

Salvatore,

> WIDTH: 100px;
> WIDTH: expression(200);
>
> What does the second WIDTH do?  'Expression' looks like a function call
with
> a 200 variable; is that another way of spacing 200px?  Why do both?

    The "expression" example is not valid CSS 1 or CSS 2, and I don't think
this kind of construction is under consideration for any of the CSS 3
modules. It clearly appears to be some type of function call, and is most
likely a faulty attempt to execute scripting within a style sheet block.
    Do you have a URL for any site that does this? I would be interested in
taking a closer look to see what they might be up to.

James Aylard