OT: URL Wrapping (Was: [thelist] Variable Stylesheets?(sorta long. . .))

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 6 08:20:45 CST 2001

> From: Robert Goodyear <rob_goodyear at yahoo.com>
>
> Oh well, I thought it was a good idea at first :-) Guess I should
> start a major campaign to entice people to use shorterlink.com.
> Oooh... here's an idea... they should make a plugin to allow you to
> rt-click an existing link or your current location and auto-gen the
> shorter link to the clipboard.

i just send long URLs via postal mail...

<tip type="Flash">
So you've accounted for users who don't have Flash installed as
well as those that do -- perhaps by testing on the client side, or
maybe on the server side.  But have you tested how users who
have the plug-in, but who have it disabled (via security settings, for
example), see the page?  Don't forget to account for them, you'd be
amazed how many pages with Flash embedded in them collapse
without the Flash movie.
</tip>