[thelist] PDFs & Internet Explorer

Michael Imamura gte255n at prism.gatech.edu
Thu Dec 6 12:24:50 CST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Pamela R wrote:
> Hi all, I have been having a tough time with PDFs opening in Internet
> Explorer.   I am constantly getting a blank page.     The pdfs are
> optimized, and Adobe's web site was no help to me.    In the past I've put
> the files in .zip files to trick the browser into not immediately opening
> the files.   However, my company would rather not use zip files.   Does
> anyone have any other suggestions or workarounds?

What version of Acrobat Reader are you using?  We had a very similar
problem a while back in which the version of Acrobat Reader that was
preinstalled on all of the company machines was showing blank documents
for some PDFs, but we couldn't find any correllation between PDF creation
settings and blank documents.

Upgrading to the latest version of Acrobat Reader fixed it, but
unfortunately it didn't solve the problem of having the older version
installed on the users' machines :(

          - Michael Imamura   mimamura at resnet.gatech.edu
            LUG at GT Web Guy    http://www.lugatgt.org/