[thelist] Best Practices for Web QA process

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Dec 6 13:47:58 CST 2001

On 01:34 PM 12/6/2001, andre gaulin said to me:
>i need to help my newly implimented QA department get up to speed and fit
>them into our development process.  Our new QA person used to be a
>developer and has moved into the QA department.  He was just hired and is
>fresh to the company.  A real full time QA process is new to this team and
>i was wondering if anyone had any good resources, processes, best
>practices, articles, etc. that might help everyone get up to speed and
>into the idea that testing is a major part of the dev cycle?

Ooh ooh.  One that I have answers to. :)

I'll toss it in a tip for future reference:

<tip type="Quality Assurance (QA)" author="Ben Dyer">
Here are some quality assurance links you can use.  Some apply to software,
some apply only to web applications, but many of the principles are universal.

http://www.kaner.com/
http://www.kaner.com/pdfs/bugadvoc.pdf
http://www.qacity.com/
http://www.qaforums.com/
http://www.sqe.com/
http://www.stickyminds.com/
http://www.veritest.com/testers'network/testing_considerations1.asp
http://www.veritest.com/testers'network/Web_testing1-1.asp
http://www.veritest.com/testers'network/Web_testing21.asp
http://www.testingcraft.com/
http://www.testingcraft.com/techniques.html
http://www.sqe.com/stqepublishing/webtesting.html
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnduwon/html/d5dplyover.asp
http://www.softwareqatest.com/qatweb1.html
</tip>

Hope this helps.  I know these links have helped me.

--Ben

http://www.imaginuity.com/