[thelist] IIS problems

Bill Lovett bill at ilovett.com
Thu Dec 6 13:48:48 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 10:08:49AM -0000, Norman Beresford wrote:

> It's not a problem with default documents, as I've tried requesting specific
> .asp documents.  Sorry should have mentioned that it's IIS/PWS running on
> win2kPro

In the Internet Services manager, make sure the folder that contains
the asp files doesn't have a regular folder icon-- if they're in a
subfolder off the website root the folder should have an open box
icon, indicating that a virtual application has been created. Without
creating an application (properties->Directory tab->Application
Settings area-->Create), you'll get no asp love. If the files are at
the root of the site, though, the problem may be more serious. Try
going into add/remove programs, click add/remove windows components,
then uninstall/reinstall IIS to try to get things back to their
default state.

Also try to test out a static html page that you've renamed with an
asp extension to make sure the pages are being served out, then try
dealing with asp pages that actually have a purpose in life.

-bill