[thelist] job opp

April april at farstrider.org
Fri Dec 7 14:31:03 CST 2001

 From my experience, places that go by the term headhunter and places that
go by the term staffing agency are usually different.  My headhunter
attempts to place me at various places where I might fit-- she was there
for the entirety of my job search, and in general was working for me (at
the same time as for companies).  Also, I was interviewed before they even
took me on, to be sure I had a chance in heck of getting the jobs I
wanted.  Staffing agencies, though, call me up about one or two positions,
and sometimes don't even realize they called me up about another position
too.  They tended to be oriented towards the companies they were recruiting
for, and if I had expected them to see me through until I got a job, I
would have starved.