[thelist] Job Opps in the US? An informal survey.

Frank framar at interlog.com
Fri Dec 7 14:37:56 CST 2001

I'm thinking of moving to the states for job opps in the States in
March. I'm hoping it'll be somewhere in California, but I'm open to
the location.

My skill set includes high intermediate Cold Fusion, databases of
various types, javascript, HTML, CSS and the peripherals skills such
as image manipulation, all the OSs etc... Quite frankly, I'm pretty
good at what I do, compared to many I've met in Canada, no
self-puffery.

Are there some American residents that could give me an idea of what
the job situation is like for people in our field, what the pay
scales are like etc...

I do read the job boards, but as they are as much as sales pitch as
resumes are, I was hoping to get the straight dope. If you could
include your location in the answer, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!
--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com