[thelist] Re: problem displaying Flash content

Kim Bonfils kim at bonfils.com
Fri Dec 7 15:20:17 CST 2001

> Message: 2
> From: "aardvark" <roselli at earthlink.net>
> To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:16:56 -0500
> Subject: [thelist] problem displaying Flash content
>

> i built a chart in Flash because it's got some detail to it, and
while i
> want the site to handle for 640x480 users, i also don't want to
> punish those at higher res with an itty-bitty chart...
>
> however, that durn thing won't display... at least not in the
template
> i've built... but the same code displays the Flash just fine in an
> ultra-stripped HTML page...
>
> page it works in:
> http://algonquinstudios.com/table_1.asp
>
> page it don't wanna work in:
> http://algonquinstudios.com/flash_test.asp
>
> another version that won't scale:
> http://algonquinstudios.com/flash_test2.asp

Strange. Only thing I noticed is that in the last one the Flash movie
doesn't have a height=100% attribute.
I haven't studied the HTML code carefully, but the page looks like the
height of the table cell that contains the Flash file is somehow
fixed. That might explain why the Flash movie doesn't expand in the
vertical plane.

Hope this helps,

bonfils
http://kim.bonfils.com