[thelist] Jobs in the US

Drifterlee drifterlee at iavbbs.com
Sat Dec 8 01:28:02 CST 2001

Hi: In regards to looking for a web job in an unusual area, that is how I
started out. I live in a small rural town and figured that I would do
websites for free, then cheap and finally a decent amount as I got a
reputation - then move on to the "big city:" Well, as it turned out, this
small town was just getting ready to get into technology and now I have all
the local sites wrapped up and have lots of work - all by word of mouth.
None of the municipalities were even on line and so I set that all up for
the local governments and am also the resident techy. Granted, I am not
getting rich, but I have steady work and it pays the bills. When the economy
picks up I hope to get higher paying assignments, but for now, this is not
too bad. In the big city you are competing against all the laid off workers.
In a small town you are the only game in town.
Drifterlee