[thelist] Job Opps in the US? An informal survey.

John Corry john at neoncowboy.com
Sat Dec 8 11:08:34 CST 2001

I'm glad I didn't chase the boom to SF a few years ago like I wanted to!

I live in Hawaii...things are kind of backwards here. I used to have a job
with a (lame, stupid, unimaginative) development company,
http://www.maui.net, but they only paid me like $10/hour. So I quit and
began my freelance career...that's more like what work should be.

I'm working, but only when I get in touch with people and patiently explain
what I could do for their business by building them a website. I often have
to do work that I wouldnt' necessarily want to do, just so I can work.
http://www.mauiatvadventures.com, for example.

I've been ruined by the work-in-your-slippers lifestyle, I wonder at times
if I'll ever be able to handle having a real job again :)

jpc