[thelist] monitor color settings

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Sat Dec 8 23:20:38 CST 2001

Hugh Blair wrote:

> djc,
>
> First, try the degauss option.  See how it looks after that.
> Then, look around for magnetic sources near the monitor.  Are
> there any transformers, telephones, fluorescent lights etc.
> near the monitor?  If so, move the monitor and see if there's
> any change.

ya, i tried the degauss thing, it clicked a couple times. i dont have
anything except a plethora of beer bottles near the monitor, so its not
magnetic..

> This probably won't solve your problem though.  You mentioned
> that "I come back an hour later and it seems even more screwed
> up than before.."  This leads me to think that it's dying on
> you - slowly - but surely.

well, by that i meant i set the green or red a bit higher or lower and
it looked good. then i would come back and realize it was way off.. i
dont know if that makes sense, but the longer i look a the monitor, the
more it looks ok. only when i come back to it after a while can i see
that the colors are really off(probably due to my screwing with them :)

thanks for the help :)

.djc.