[thelist] Netscape 4.7 site check

Andy Warwick mailing.lists at creed.co.uk
Mon Dec 10 06:31:08 CST 2001

On 2001-12-10 at 12:04, martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> Our testing is throwing up a few issues with NN4.7, but I don't know if
> it's a real issue, or some quirk of our setup.
>
> The site is
> http://www.malts.com/
> and the problem is getting from the shopping basket page into the
> start of the checkout..
>
> Here's what our tester says:
>
> "It seems that it is just not possible to place an order when using
> Netscape
> Navigator 4.7 on either a PC or a Mac.
> The user can add a bottle to their basket and proceed to the 'Shopping
> Basket' page but when they try to enter the checkout process, the shopping
> basket page keeps appearing."
>
> The best place to start is on the homepage of the shop:
> http://www.malts.com/malts/en_GB/shop/maltsShop/
> (sorry, you'll need to OK the age check) and just stick something in your
> basket.

Martin

Looks like a real issue.

I'm seeing the same thing here, so it's obviously not just your setup.

If it helps, when I mouse over the "checkout" button, i get:

  javascript:document.forms[1].submit();void(0);

In the 'feedback' area of the browser, bottom left.

Suggest to me it's something with the Netscape DOM, and the form never
submits...

HTH

Regards

Andy Warwick