[thelist] Netscape 4.7 site check

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Mon Dec 10 06:48:11 CST 2001

Hi,
I gave it a quick look, at first I thought it might be the javascript syntax
used in the "proceed to checkout" link, which is:
javascript:document.forms[1].submit();void();

this is not correct, it should be
void(0);
and what's the void() in there for anyway?

but after trying it in NS4 with Javascript disabled, that simply uses :
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Add To Basket">

It still doesn't move to the next page - so it would seem that it's either a
server-side issue, with a session variable not being set or something, or
that there's something on the next page that's throwing NS4 back.
The source of the next page (
http://www.malts.com/do/en_GB/maltsUpdateCart ) can be loaded directly from
local disk, so it seems to be a server-side error.

not related to the problem, I noticed this minor error:
onClick="javascript:processType('proceed')"
should be:
onclick="processType('proceed')"

and the <!-- comments --> above the doctype declaration may cause problems
too, I would put them in the head to be sure.

Hope it helps,
cheers,
Richard.