[thelist] Newspro (fwd)

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Mon Dec 10 09:28:02 CST 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 17:25:40 -0500
From: Joel Konkle-Parker <jjk3 at msstate.edu>
To: thelist at evolt.org
Subject: Newspro

I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about Perl in any way, so I need a
little bit of help here. I use Newspro, the freely available sitenews
script. The problem is, it's programmed to produce HTML 4, and I need to
modify it to produce XHTML 1.1. From what I saw when I looked through the
script, all it should really take is changing <br>'s to <br />'s and such. I
messed around with it a tad, and it produced script errors for every
modification I tried. Can anybody help me? If you need more detailed info,
just tell me.

-joeljkp