[thelist] NS Repeating Background Problem

Aleem aleem at mindless.com
Mon Dec 10 10:02:52 CST 2001

Hi, I am stuck with a problem which seems quite simple...
Can someone please tell me how to get transparent GIFs to repeat in the
background in NS communicator (4.78 to be specific).

It won't support repeating GIFs, but it does support repeating JPGS. It
won't support transparencies in PNGs either so that option is no good.
It won't support the CSS background-image: url('images/bgb.gif') Tag
either, so I can't somehow use Layers to repeat the background.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a work around or know
of one ?

Thanks,
Aleem