[thelist] PC File Utilities?

Frank framar at interlog.com
Mon Dec 10 10:27:48 CST 2001

>  Besides visibility, what other kinds of things are you
>  trying to do? Might open up whole new worlds to me, but
>  then, I might just do it all in DOS. Which raises the
>  question, why not DOS? Just curious.

At this moment, for example, I wanted to find all instances of a text
file called readme.eml. I then wanted to remove the read-only flag,
select them all and delete them. I want to do the same with folders
called _vti_cnf.

What I'm looking for is a utility that will allow me to do everything
and anything that can be done to files and folders. Basically, disk
management. Who knows what I might do in the futre. I image that
general cleaning up is a big part of it.
--

Our best destiny, as planetary cohabitants, is the development
of what has been called "species consciousness" - something over

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com