[thelist] NS Repeating Background Problem

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Dec 10 10:33:28 CST 2001

Aleem wrote:

> Hi, I am stuck with a problem which seems quite simple...
> Can someone please tell me how to get transparent GIFs to repeat in the
> background in NS communicator (4.78 to be specific).
>
> It won't support repeating GIFs, but it does support repeating JPGS. It
> won't support transparencies in PNGs either so that option is no good.
> It won't support the CSS background-image: url('images/bgb.gif') Tag
> either, so I can't somehow use Layers to repeat the background.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a work around or know
> of one ?

Nope - the following

  body {
	background-color: #006600;
	background-image: url(someTransparentImage.gif);
	}

works just fine in NS4.78/Win, at least (and the image repeats as
expected).

If you're not seeing this, there's something else wrong ...

--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --