[thelist] NS Repeating Background Problem

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 10 10:43:54 CST 2001

> From: "Aleem" <aleem at mindless.com>
>
> Hi, I am stuck with a problem which seems quite simple...
> Can someone please tell me how to get transparent GIFs to repeat in
> the background in NS communicator (4.78 to be specific).

i'm not having any problems developing things that do that... got a
URL so perhaps i can see?

> It won't support repeating GIFs, but it does support repeating JPGS.
> It won't support transparencies in PNGs either so that option is no
> good. It won't support the CSS background-image: url('images/bgb.gif')
> Tag either, so I can't somehow use Layers to repeat the background.
[...]

actually, NN4.x *does* support some of the CSS properties for
background image, such as repeat... i even show some code for it
in:
Liquid Design for the Web
http://evolt.org/article/list/20/15177/

i have similar code doing this, and avoiding the nested tables
background bug in NN4.x at (home page only):
http://quantumcms.com/

shout if none of this helps...