[thelist] Apache & Logging

Dave Preston caffiend at simianbrotherhood.org
Mon Dec 10 11:54:19 CST 2001

All you should have to do is add the directives under your <VirtualHost
*>

if you leave out ErrorLog it'll just log to the default ErrorLog,
depends on your situation if you're wanting to do that or not.

here's a snippet from my httpd.conf

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin admin at simianbrotherhood.org
    DocumentRoot /home/virtual/simianbrotherhood.org/public_html
    ServerName www.simianbrotherhood.org
    ErrorLog /home/virtual/simianbrotherhood.org/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/virtual/simianbrotherhood.org/logs/access_log
combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin admin at stockape.com
        DocumentRoot /home/virtual/catcam.stockape.com/public_html
        ServerName catcam.stockape.com
        ErrorLog /home/virtual/stockape.com/logs/error_log
        CustomLog /home/virtual/catcam.stockape.com/logs/access_log
combined
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
    ServerAdmin admin at stockape.com
    DocumentRoot /home/virtual/stockape.com/public_html
    ServerName www.stockape.com
    ErrorLog /home/virtual/stockape.com/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /home/virtual/stockape.com/logs/access_log combined
</VirtualHost>