[thelist] Looking for a simple CF-based catalog/shopping cart

Aaron Johnson ajohnson at mindseye.com
Mon Dec 10 15:23:04 CST 2001

Hey Jeff,

> you also wanna be careful about choosing setups that are custom tag based,
> as they will be slower than one that's not custom tag based.
	== so I've heard this a bunch of times from different people... ie: "custom
tags are slower..."  Do you have quantitative evidence of custom tags being
slower?  Have you done any tests to confirm this?  Under what circumstances
are custom tags slower than using a cfinclude or cfmodule? Is it just the
first pass on the tag that's slower?   I use custom tag almost exclusively
over cfmodule and cfinclude for various reasons... my apps have been load
tested to hundreds of users... reviewed by Macromedia consultants and I've
yet to hear someone mention that using a cfinclude would be faster than
using a custom tag OR to see a place where a customtag bogs down the
application in any fashion.

AJ, in a friendly, academic, always wanting to make sure I'm using the
fastest method possible sort of way...

Aaron Johnson, MCSE, MCP+I
Macromedia Certified ColdFusion Developer
MINDSEYE, Inc.
<phn>617.350.0339
<mbl>617.461.3721
<fax>617.350.8884