[thelist] Looking for a simple CF-based catalog/shopping cart

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Mon Dec 10 15:33:11 CST 2001

This is certainly something that Jeff and I have disagreed about in the
past. Yes, custom tags are slower. No, it will not matter 99.999% of the
time. If you think about it, it makes sense that there is some overhead.
CF has to make a scope for the custom tag. This is actually what makes
CTs so nice - they allow you to 'black box' functions up into their own
areas.

So, yes, CTs are 'slower', but, imho, not in any signficant matter. To
me, it's silly to not sure CTs because of speed concerns, just like it's
silly to use Compare/Compare no case instead of EQ since Compare is
faster.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus