[thelist] Looking for a simple CF-based catalog/shopping cart

Aaron Johnson ajohnson at mindseye.com
Mon Dec 10 15:59:43 CST 2001

> yes, i've personally done alot of tests of custom tags to see if what
> everyone else was saying is indeed true.  what i found was
> enlightening, to
> say the least.  you can read about one of the tests i performed and my
> findings in a past to this list back in march of this year:
>
> http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20010319/152719.html
	-- thorough test.. it looks flawed though.. you're using CFPARAM in the
Customtag/CFModule instances but not the cfincludes... CFPARAM is VERY
slow...  That's probably what killed your results.. I'll do the test again
w/o cfparam OR by using cfscript alternatives to CFPARAM which are much
faster.  Did you toggle template cache size and/or trusted cache?  Those
settings might affect your results as well and should obviously both be "on"
in production settings.

AJ