[thelist] Jumping In With Both Feet, Part 2

Chad Savage jg3_savage at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 17:26:41 CST 2001

--- Olly Hodgson <gnarly at punkass.com> wrote:

> > [c] Use an include statement to call it
>
> That one.
>
> Then if/when you decide to use
> another/bigger/better/smaller/spanglier
> technology for your navigation you only need to
> change one file.
>
> Olly.

Well, that's the thing. I'm only using one file *now*.
Currently the Flash navigation is embedded on each
page - but each page references the same physical
file.

If I'm using an include, wouldn't that be basically
the same thing it's already doing, just via a
different method?

I think my main concern is that once somebody's
browser had downloaded the nav, it doesn't have to be
DL'd over and over again...

Thoughts?

Chad

=====