[thelist] cgi security help needed

Cameron McCormick lordcutter at telocity.com
Mon Dec 10 21:28:03 CST 2001

Hello,
I recently purchased a cgi package that does advertising (I know I could
do this myself in php) The problem being that if I follow their
instructions it says to chmod all the sub dirs, including the accounts
dir (holds all user info) 777 - I tried changing the rights but the
script needs it - I was wondering if there is a way to make it so
browsers are not allowed to look at the files but the script will still
work ? I poked around for .htaccess info (I have never used it) but
could only find info on making users and groups...

any help is appreciated.

Cameron