[thelist] streaming to Mac WinMedia Player

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Dec 10 21:55:24 CST 2001

I'm trying to stream a WMA file to the latest Mac version Windows
MediaPlayer ... when the asx file opens up in the player, it
consistently gives the error: "The Host is unreachable".

I'm using unicast on a machine with virtual hosts and have disabled
http streaming ...

There is no info I can find about what works in the Mac Player and
what doesn't ... hoping someone has overcome this problem.

PS - everything works fine in the Windows version, and I can link
directly to the WMA file with http and it opens and streams just fine
on a Mac ... however you can't skip ahead in the progress bar ... the
audio files are 2-3 hours long so want Mac folks to be able to skip
ahead ... I see sites that do this ... how'd they do that?

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/