[thelist] Dreamweaver is changing the case on my javascript

David McDonald davem2 at bigpond.net.au
Tue Dec 11 06:43:45 CST 2001

I am currently recoding my personal site and implementing a XHTML, tabless
layout styled with CSS.

I have a piece of javascript which requires an 'onclick' event.

If I use 'onclick' instead of 'onClick' in my javascript, then save it in
Dreamweaver, then Dreamweaver changes the case back to 'onClick' - which
then doesn't validate as XHTML.

In my preferences, under Code Rewriting, I have 'Never Rewrite Code' ticked,
and the extension .html in the text field.

However, it still changes the case of the 'onclick' event.

I realise that I can just open the file in Notepad and change it - but
anyone know how to make Dreamweaver stop doing this?

A note to any Macromedia people on the list - I think the next version of
Dreamweaver should take look at being able to produce XHTML compliant code.
At present it does not get near it.

Regards,

David McDonald
Web Designer/Developer