[thelist] Jumping In With Both Feet

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Tue Dec 11 08:08:15 CST 2001

thats another problem - the download time - one of the main reasons why home
users with old systems don't upgrade - and i don't blame them - the download
time is emmense with the new browsers.
old browser - the lowest il program for it: NS 4.x and IE 4.x - anything
below that for the sites i program and with customer agreement is basically
tough luck.

But the sites im programming for are businesses, corporate - for companies -
and as i have worked in corporate business i used to be part of the tech
team - upgrades are common - new browser - new upgrade - and the users and
normally quite aware that new browsers are out - and are capable of
upgrading them selves (with abit of tutition) - but, they have the
beandwidth.

Which is why i feel you have to decide what your market target area - then
you can cater appropriately.