[thelist] Jumping In With Both Feet

Paul Backhouse paul.backhouse at 2cs.com
Tue Dec 11 11:40:42 CST 2001

Caroline:

>> which is in complete contradiction to what the web is.  It's not about
>> compliancy - it's just about money - whereas we, as the developing
>> community, we code backward - instead of having an easier life - it's not
as
>> if I have my regular 2 days off a week and a regular income, or a regular
>> life or... whatever other regular activities that people outside the web
>> have.

I agree with the contradiction, but its not soley about money, it
information, its the new bible per say!

I dont want an easy life, things are there to try us, if everything was easy
then, well how would i learn and further my knowledge?

I just think the web has slowed down alot, it will pick up again, and very
quickly, but it seems to me we're stuck in a rut that some of us are happy
to be in.

Ideal world, yes standard compliance, thats way i love doing intranets,
heres your spec, now develop it - beautiful - love it, love it!

cheers

paul