[thelist] PWS dilemma

Dave Preston caffiend at simianbrotherhood.org
Tue Dec 11 13:00:41 CST 2001

I would strongly advise you to advise her not to procede in this
direction.

WinME is not a server platform, is more than likely never going to be
secure and pws is unlikely to support ssl.

She should talk with an experienced NT admin and go that route (NT
server that is ). This is confidential information that she's talking
about:

a) putting on an insecure as all get out platform
b) passing in the clear (no ssl)

I personally would put the web server on another platform (OpenBSD or
Linux) and have it make calls to the Accounting server, but I'm assuming
that she's not going to want to deal with the price or time issues with
implementing something that will talk to her accounting software.

Good luck with this one...

-d