[thelist] css: formatting list item spacing

DAVID FIELDS d.fields at normandale.mnscu.edu
Tue Dec 11 13:13:09 CST 2001

I'm trying to adjust the horizontal (for lack of a better term) padding
between list bullets and the text of each list item.

List items by default place a 12-px-or-so horizontal gap between the
bullet and the text. I'd like to decrease that gap for visual reasons,
which is not really essential, I suppose, but would be very sleek. I've
read through the entire CSS1 spec (again), played with margins, padding,
and borders on the <ul> and <li> elements . . . no cigar. There must be
some aspect of the <li> element that I'm not paying attention to.

Suggestions?