[thelist] Jumping In With Both Feet

david currey david.currey at wanadoo.fr
Tue Dec 11 13:40:17 CST 2001

on 12/11/01 6:11 PM, martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com at
martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> See, my point is, I don't accept that there's that kind of difference.

the difference is that we could develop sites/online experiences easier and
more quickly, spend less time dealing with potty cross browser issues and
more time on being creative, and in the long run for the end user, better
(read as "different").

> when I have a perfectly
> good cake in my cake tin at home... hey, it's still cake. I'm happy.

I think what some people are trying to say, and how I definitely
feel , is that as developers we are ****** off enough at having to keep
baking our cakes for nn4.x after so many years of grief, without them
releasing "new" mouldy cake last week, that end users think is fresh and
tasty- hence prolonging the afore mentioned developer grief for the
forseeable future :(.

if i were developing for intranets too, then maybe I wouldn't give a toss,
but seeing how I am supposed to be a creative type, but infact do no
creating at all for years just because I am trying ( and failing miserably )
to author for everybody , that really makes me depressed, especially when I
cannot afford to but my children clothes , or cake, let alone pay any bills.
:( [ not meant at all to be nasty, just the plain truth]

david currey

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/space.craft/