[thelist] Resizing image (using JS or possibly Java)

Michael Galvin mpgalvin at eircom.net
Tue Dec 11 15:04:03 CST 2001

In IE6, by default, any images that scroll of the end of the screen are
resized to fit.  I assume it only happens if the address is only an image,
but it's irrelevant at the moment.

I'd like to mimic this behaviour using JS or something free.  Basically, I
have an image on screen which may (or may not) scroll off the end or out the
side.  If this is the case, I'd like to automatically resize it to fit
perfectly on screen.  Then, I'd like 2 buttons (or links pref) which would
either increase the size of the image (back to normal size) or decrease it
(back to resized size).  One button would do, a sort of toggle effect
("resized, normal, resized, normal, etc").

I have a sort of script working which allows me to drag to resize images,
but I'd like it fixed and I'd definitely like to figure out the first part
(automatically resize image to fit on screen).

Any thoughts out there, you talented people?