[thelist] Dreamweaver is changing the case on my javascript

John Dowdell jdowdell at macromedia.com
Tue Dec 11 15:49:14 CST 2001

At 4:43 AM 12/11/1, David McDonald wrote:
> A note to any Macromedia people on the list - I think the next
> version of Dreamweaver should take look at being able to produce
> XHTML compliant code.

XHTML has been on the radar since version 2, but it's only recently that
appreciable requests have started coming in to the development team:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/email/wishform/

btw, if dropping a note to the team, it could be very helpful to describe
how and why you're using XHTML documents today, thanks.

In the meantime, consider using Dreamweaver for its normal HTML output,
then post-processing the document to turn it to XHTML:
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/

(For the rest, you're describing some steps which don't lead to some
result, and I'm not certain I can accurately turn that into a question on
the app itself... browsers' JavaScript engines tend to be case-sensitive,
although I don't remember which are case-sensitive for mouse events...
post-processing the document to XHTML still seems like it would address
that scenario, though.)

jd