[thelist] Jumping In With Both Feet

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Tue Dec 11 17:19:44 CST 2001

At 12/11/2001 04:15 PM, you wrote:
>functionality is still able to run, no matter what browser you use, its not
>an issue.
>
> > > Really? Can I buy books faster on Amazon with IE6? Does CSS support
> > > get me more money in my online account?
>
>would you eat a slice from the fancy white cake with nice toppings and icing
>or the brown, slightly moldy one?

who said older browsers are moldy?
you're in uk? no? you should go get a terry pratchett book and read about
dwarf bread.

if someone I knew and trusted made brown (older) cake and some stranger
offered me something new and shiny... well... would YOU take candy from
strangers...

<tip type="teaching computer literacy">
Ever have to teach a course involving any sort of computer literacy?
Generally File Management is a particularly difficult topic to master for
beginning users. Even though it seems so obvious to more experienced hands.
</tip>