[thelist] htaccess/PHP/MySQL?

Michael Pemberton pemberton_m at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:18:04 CST 2001

Are you talking about a http directory or an ftp directory?

With PHP you could make your own authentication and make it use the mysql
database for reference.  Then just include this code at the top of each page
and then it might be possible to make your .htaccess file stop anyone from
accessing the directory listing of the contents.

This should result in the equiv of mod_mysql_auth without te need for root
access.