[thelist] home page max size

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 11 21:43:51 CST 2001

> From: "spinhead" <evolt at spinhead.com>
[...]
> Our target market is upper management in extremely high-end high-tech
> companies. No home users whatsoever will be courted to visit the site
> and no one will care if they do.
>
> How completely DEADLY is a 128k home page under these circs? I firmly
> believe it's bad and wrong because we don't know, for instance, if Bob
> Moneybags, the potential investor, might have a 33.6 modem at home and
> get tweaked 'cause he can't see the site. Since I have this enormous
> mindpool to tap, figured I should check my assumptions before starting
> a battle. Are there other potential disasters?

do some unofficial polling... chat with some of the people who visit
the site (existing clients, etc.)...

i recently discovered that a client of mine who *knows* better (so to
speak) does most of his surfing at home on an old P90, 28.8
modem on AOL... and a lot more use AOL than i thought, meaning
i was making some flawed assumptions about *where* these guys
do their surfing...